1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root My Swagged Review :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by argedion, Oct 29, 2011.

1. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    ROM: Swagged Out Stock
    Web: Swagged out ROM
    Latest:
    swag on
    swag off

I decided to try out the Swag because they decided to use the AF. :D
    I have been using it this week and have to say for a Sense ROM I find this to be a stable build. It is definitely a good choice for a daily. I believe the developers of this will only make it better.

I had to flash the Freedom Kernel after my initial flash of Swag because my wifi was not working. After the kernel flash everything seemed to be working fine.

It comes with the Typical Sense launcher that you expect to find so I immediately replaced it with GO launcher. Never did like the Sense Laucher.

Over all this is a very stable ROM. It was trimmed down from the standard weight of a typical Sense Rom and I ended up only removing about ten or so system apps I don't like, want, or even care for. I have been running around 120 apps and I still have about 140 megs free. I have not used any apps 2 sd programs.

I give this rom a 4.2 out of 5. Boot is slow. took me longer to boot this than CM7. I also didn't like that i had to reflash the kernel because wifi didnt work out the box.Also I think we are all ready for some Ice Cream Sandwich :D

YRMV, I do not expect your results to be exactly the same as mine and you shouldn't either. I would recommend you try the ROM but whether you keep it or not would be up to you.

Again not discussing battery issues as they are kernel issues. Had no hardware issues after the flash of freedom.

Happy Flashing
    argedion

Advertisement

2. parkerskouson

parkerskouson Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Im Pretty sure its not legal.....
    Vegas!!
    this rom is good. i would prob give it 4.5. just because its not as fast as aosp...

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    no sense rom will ever out perform aosp roms, but that is just imo.

4. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    I don't know, I'm trying out tommytomatoe's Evo Classic ROM today, and it is pretty fast...

5. Team420

Team420 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Yup! been running this one for over a month now! Only problem I have with it is the cam (it just takes horrible pix in low light conditions), and I'd say about once a week, I have to wipe my cache and dalvik, or it gets a lil screwy, and waaaay slow... Other than that, this has been the most stable rom I have tried, and gets great battery life.... IF..... you have decent cell signal, poor cell signal leads to poor batt life, maybe even more so than other roms.

Tags: