• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Swype won't work after updating to 2.2 !!!

HTCeasar

May 18, 2010
Error message reads "The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality.

Please contact Swype about this issue"

it types when I tap the individual keys but when I Swype I get nothing. Can anyone point in the right direction ? I need Swype on my frozen yogurt.

I re-sent myself the beta email and i keep getting the message "Sorry! You're not on an android phone, so you cannot download the Swype-Installer."

any suggestions?

UPDATE: ok, i had to log into my email using the browser (i was using the stock email app), apparently that helps the swype website recognize that it's an android phone...

it's downloading now.

Upvote 0
I re-sent myself the beta email and i keep getting the message "Sorry! You're not on an android phone, so you cannot download the Swype-Installer."

any suggestions?

UPDATE: ok, i had to log into my email using the browser (i was using the stock email app), apparently that helps the swype website recognize that it's an android phone...

it's downloading now.

did you use the phone to log into AOL or another mail service and get it from there? I am still having the same issue...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones