1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Tab A connects to router but can't get to Internet.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    About 2 wee,'s ago both my Tab A and my Sam S6 stopped passing thru our Elks club router, Links yes E1200. Almost all android,users there are experiencing the same problem. Have tried everything possible in settings ectopic. It works everywhere Else?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Well if almost all android devices were affected it can only be a problem with the router settings. So the first question would be what changed with the router (settings, firmware update, etc) or ISP settings.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. badcatz

badcatz Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Male
    Try rebooting the router and see if that helps.

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Since you've got multiple users experiencing a similar problem it does appear to be some setting in your router. You could dig into the router's Settings page and try to diagnose what the specific issue is the problem but I'm going to suggest you just reset your router to its factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch. It will be something of an involved process but the end result should be a stable local network with usable WiFi connectivity.
    -- Read through the manual for your Linksys E1200. The 'Reset' can be done using either the small reset button in the back of the router itself (right next to where the power connector plugs in) or using the menu option in the Settings.
    http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/E_Series_UG_E900Rev_3425-01486_Web.pdf
    -- Since you're resetting the router anyway, it's a good time to check if there are any firmware upgrades. According to the Linksys support page there was one just last month for your model so if you haven't upgraded it lately do so. Generally its a good idea to apply any firmware upgrade as home routers are often targeted for various online exploits.
    http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148523
    -- The User Manual for your model has a nice summary on setup basics but I think this is more comprehensive:
    http://lifehacker.com/5833254/know-your-network-the-complete-guide
    There's a lot more to read but keep in mind a stable, secure WiFi network has a long term benefit. If every meeting involves screwing around with your router that's just a waste of time. Take the time to set it up properly so you don't have to mess with it later.