1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My tablet's charger keeps turning off the device

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Showey, May 29, 2016.

1. Showey

Showey Lurker
    May 28, 2016

May 28, 2016
    The charger I have the problem with came in with the tablet when I first got it.

Every time I connect the charger to my tablet, the device suddenly turns off, without the vibration. It doesn't even show the charging battery thing, there's just a black screen and a simple Power tap won't turn it on again or display the charging screen. While the charger is connected, the device does not boot up. I tried Power + Volume Up/Down.

When the charger isn't connected, the tablet works fine. Though, it tends to randomly turn off. I think that maybe- whenever the low battery message pops up, that's when the device crashes.

Me not being able to turn on the device while it's charging is problematic. I don't know how much the device has charged. I don't know if the device even charges while it's on the black screen. I let it charge while I sleep, hoping that it'll charge to 100%, but I can't guarantee it. The thought that the device may not be charging makes me nervous.

There may be reasons for this behaviour:

1. Several months ago, I was cleaning my tablet with glass-cleaning foam (I did not have anything else.) I did not clean the charger. The tablet stopped working. It would not boot up. I read online that I should let it dry. I did so. But after a few days, it still wouldn't boot up. I dismissed it as hardware failure. Since there's nothing I can do to fix that, I neglected the tablet.
    I have not used the tablet since then, until now. I recently used the Power + Volume Down/Up thingy, and the device booted up again (I don't remember the exact details on how I got it working.)

2. I rooted the device (before cleaning), then installed SuperSU (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu&hl=en)
    SuperSU would give me notifications on updating the binary. I had no idea how to do that. I would keep getting notifications. I couldn't uninstall SuperSU either because it had managed to become a system application (from what I know, I did not choose that from the options. The option for it is unticked right now.)
    I read some other threads created by other people. One of the repliers told (OP) to install 360 Security and then uninstall SuperSU. SuperSU is considered a system app, which can't be installed normally, but 360 Security can uninstall system apps.

Though, it may still be a problem. I think the charging issues came after that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)