1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General My take on EE4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Outsider(Avid HustlaZ), Jun 12, 2011.

1. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    rapper, producer and security
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just yesterday i downloaded EE4 and rooted it within minutes...I COULDNT BE HAPPIER! My 4G signal is stronger, the UI is smoother, browser is 100% better...everything is tge way it needs to be! For those of you who have complained or thought about trading...do what i did..root EE4 and i promise you..you will not look back. If you need help/instructions look for my topic called "rooted on EE4...steps i took" for the info.

Advertisement

2. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    How do you root EE4? Can you point me to a thread? THX!

3. haza12d

haza12d Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Go HERE

You can Start on Step #7 if you are already on EE4.

Read up on how to use ODIN - Here
    Read up on how to use CWM - Here
    You will need to use both in order to achieve what you want.
    Read EVERYTHING at least TWICE. Be Patient. Good Luck. :)

Cilraaz and addictedtocars like this.
  4. addictedtocars

None

Apr 14, 2011
    OK so I was at EE4 and I went to step 7 and follwed everything through. I got root and was fine, I used titanium backup to backup the phone and to uninstall some of the VZ bloat. I then disabled voodoo and now whenever I try and install any market place apps they download and fail to install. Any ideas? THX!

5. haza12d

haza12d Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    @addictedtocars - The thread found HERE might help you out. Did you follow the guide step by step and install the SD Card "Fix" as well?

6. addictedtocars

None

Apr 14, 2011

I followed everything I could, I finally went back to the stock EE4 and then I had stock EE4 OTA installed and then just did this:

[How To] Droid Charge Root, Voodoo Lagfix and ClockworkMod Recovery Installation Guide | TheAndroidSoul

which basically just flashes this kernel with voodoo fix, not ROM. What I did before hand was create the voodoo directory and put a dummy file named disable_lagfix becasue I did not want to change the file system.

VoodooChargeKernel4.tar.md5

When completed I installed Titanium Backup and frooze the apps I did nto want, then test phoen and finally did a batch uninstall of the apps I frooze.
    So I am left with a very close to stock phone with root access and am hoping I will be able to accept any future OTA without having to do anything.