• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My thoughts on new Galaxy Tab Pro.

Galaxy Tab2 47

Android Enthusiast
Sep 3, 2012
Well just bought the Galaxy Tab Pro and i really like it already. So much faster then my old Tab2,and so easy to get it set up and running.
I also bought a Samsung 32gb micro chip,so if i have problems with the memory card i can deal with Samsung.
I know Sandisk makes Samsungs memory cards,but i feel Samsung has Sandisk add some items. Did this same thing with my Galaxy S3 phone and it's worked great.
Surfing is a lot faster with my new Tab Pro so it's a real joy to use, i will keep updating how it is working as i use it.

One small item i noticed is my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 note and Samsung Tab2 were marked made in Korea but the new Samsung Tab Pro is marked made in Vetnam.:rolleyes:

Reactions: FireBean
Well just bought the Galaxy Tab Pro and i really like it already. So much faster then my old Tab2,and so easy to get it set up and running.
I also bought a Samsung 32gb micro chip,so if i have problems with the memory card i can deal with Samsung.
I know Sandisk makes Samsungs memory cards,but i feel Samsung has Sandisk add some items. Did this same thing with my Galaxy S3 phone and it's worked great.
Surfing is a lot faster with my new Tab Pro so it's a real joy to use, i will keep updating how it is working as i use it.

One small item i noticed is my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 note and Samsung Tab2 were marked made in Korea but the new Samsung Tab Pro is marked made in Vetnam.:rolleyes:

I noticed that samsung started making their device in vietnam with the tab 3 series. It seems to me that with that move the build quality of the devices has went down. Hiw is the build quality on your tab pro? Do you have the 8.4 or the 10.1?

Upvote 0
So have you ordered it and received the Tab pro 10.1? I'm in the UK and it has only went up on a few websites to pre order, where did you get yours?

No I looked at the Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 also the Tab Pro and found i wanted the smaller tablet. I already have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 note. My first Samsung tablet was the Tab2 it has always been really slow in loading net pages,great for pictures but that was it. The new Tab Pro is slightly longer in length,and it is so much faster in loading net pages. Also it's $100US cheaper then the Tab Pro 10.1. not that the price was a big deal. I wanted the smaller tablet.

I found all the new samsung tablets, today at my local Best Buy here in the USA they just got them this morning.

Upvote 0
I noticed that samsung started making their device in vietnam with the tab 3 series. It seems to me that with that move the build quality of the devices has went down. Hiw is the build quality on your tab pro? Do you have the 8.4 or the 10.1?

I bought the 8.4 as i already have the larger Galaxy 10.1 note. I was going to buy the 10.1 but found the 8.4 larger then my old Tab2 so i wanted to try it,i get 45 days to return it if i do not like it.
The build quality IMHO is very good,i find no items yet to worry me.:)

Reactions: brosko
Upvote 0
I purchased a Tab Pro 10.1 yesterday. It's my first tablet. Will spend some time familiarizing myself with the Samsung skin. First impression is the screen is a knockout, and performance is snappy.

Now if I could just find a case... (I don't care for the one model that was available at Best Buy, and Samsung's website had the OEM book cover case on backorder.)

Upvote 0
I got the 8.4 pro yesterday. I really like the tablet but it's short comings are making me return it. The app to sd function doesn't work well. It puts a very small amount of the apps over to the card. So 4 games and my internal memory is used up. The app manager states that it's over on the sd card but it's not. Also I doesn't work with pdanet tablet or easy tether tablet. So I can't blue tooth my Internet over to it from my s3.

This stinks as the screen on this tablet is amazing. Sound is good. It's very fast. All my games play without out a glitch. I just need more internal storage and blue tooth tethering to work.

Upvote 0
I got the 8.4 pro yesterday. I really like the tablet but it's short comings are making me return it. The app to sd function doesn't work well. It puts a very small amount of the apps over to the card. So 4 games and my internal memory is used up. The app manager states that it's over on the sd card but it's not. Also I doesn't work with pdanet tablet or easy tether tablet. So I can't blue tooth my Internet over to it from my s3.

This stinks as the screen on this tablet is amazing. Sound is good. It's very fast. All my games play without out a glitch. I just need more internal storage and blue tooth tethering to work.

Sorry it does not meet your requirements, mine does everything i require and it's speed and screen quality really makes me happy.:)

Upvote 0
The app to sd function doesn't work well. It puts a very small amount of the apps over to the card.

I got the 8.4 and returned it for the same reason 16gb with only 11gb actually available for use is crazy. I purchased the SD card and very few less than 20% can be moved to the SD card thanks to Google's Kit Kat. On my Note 3 with Jelly Bean I can use many more apps from SD card but it comes with 32gb standard just as this tablet should.

I may reconsider if they drop a 32gb version but until that happens I will pass. Great tablet otherwise.

Upvote 0
I got the 8.4 and returned it for the same reason 16gb with only 11gb actually available for use is crazy. I purchased the SD card and very few less than 20% can be moved to the SD card thanks to Google's Kit Kat. On my Note 3 with Jelly Bean I can use many more apps from SD card but it comes with 32gb standard just as this tablet should.

I may reconsider if they drop a 32gb version but until that happens I will pass. Great tablet otherwise.

As you found maybe the Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 tablet,was just not the right match for your needs. Good Luck with the note3 phone.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As you found maybe the Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 tablet,was just not the right match for your needs. Good Luck with the note3 phone.:rolleyes:

Note 3 has been great I have had it since November. The Tab Pro 8.4 would have been great with 32gb. Samsung thinks cause they give you an SD card slot they can be cheap asses on how much flash memory they start with. Considering all the Samsung bloat they add they should know better.

Upvote 0
I bought the 8.4 a few weeks ago and love it, very sharp display screen. I bought the 64gig sdcard with it, before this tab I had a 1st gen Kindle fire which was my first tablet.

I don't really play a lot of games so the 16gigs will most likely be enough along with
The 64gig sdcard that I got.

I bought this tab to primarily use it to read the Bible and for Bible study.

I plan on rooting at some point, as I did with my kindle, but for now I'm fine with the way it is.
I really want to wait and see if they make a root that will not void warrenty or at least have a way to reset the Knox counter.

God Bless

Upvote 0
I bought the 8.4 a few weeks ago and love it, very sharp display screen. I bought the 64gig sdcard with it, before this tab I had a 1st gen Kindle fire which was my first tablet.

I don't really play a lot of games so the 16gigs will most likely be enough along with The 64gig sdcard that I got.

Just received my 8.4 Tuesday. Upgraded from Tab 3 8.0; Nexus 7 before that. As others have said, the build was very good and finish was flawless. The transition went well. I had a 64GB card on my Tab 3, so it just plugged right in. Having changed tablets a few times, I was able back up and transfer my Nova launcher home screens and folders. Most apps automatically installed themselves. BT paired easily to a remote speaker.

The Tab Pro seems a bit quicker than my Tab 3 and the screen is very nice. Watched part of a Netflix movie and the screen quality was excellent and play was smooth. Overall, performance seems very good with no noticeable lags. Not sure yet about battery life. It seemed to run down after a few hours yesterday, but lasting longer today. I use mine mainly for email, browsing internet and online forums and reading ebooks, so screen on time is the main power user (keeping my screen at 30% brightness most of the time). Also, when I travel I use it for uploading photos from my camera, photo editing and blogging. A minor con, the speakers are tiny and sound tiny. I wish they had been larger and front facing.

Regarding memory, I have several hundred epub books and documents and 200 or so apps. My 16gb onboard memory has 6.8gb available. My 64gb SD card shows 59.47gb available (not sure why) and 13.45 free. I mainly use it for storing jpeg pictures (3,000 or more), videos (5 movies) and a full system back up (which occupies 24gb). So, bottom line, memory seems to be manageable.

Reactions: MISS DIVA
Upvote 0
Just picked up the 10.1 Pro after I originally purchased Tab 4. Just found Tab 4 to be leggy when doing a bunch of work stuff. So far I love the Pro. I have had the Motorola xoom for almost 3 years and it was good but I feel like I am driving a Mustang now instead of a Yugo. Love a bunch of the work apps it offers and was a simple to connect with Galaxy 3 phone. I have been impressed with Hamcom wordand excel as well. Awaiting my Moko case and deciding whether I need a keyboard as typing is fairly simple. The picture is great and does not lag unless touch wiz gets in the way. I look forward to learning from all of you.

Upvote 0
I also started with the Tab4. Was ok but had no hdmi output. That was the first question I asked. The Samsung rep at best buy even said yes it does. After going round and round with Samsung online help the last rep finally said they don't have any adapters for it as it does not support hdmi. I took the tab4 back and have the tab pro 10.1. Faster, has hdmi just better all around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones