1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support my thrill shuts off on its own

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ifknrock09, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ifknrock09

ifknrock09 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    First off I'm new here so hello. I've owned many android phones. And really like this one. Just have one problem. When I haven't been using the phone for a while it'll shut itself off and I can't turn it back on without pulling the battery. Is this common? And is there a fix? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Gnosishunter likes this.
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    First time I heard of this issue. If its happen numerous times u should exchange it out.

3. ifknrock09

ifknrock09 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Ya I would do that for sure. But I have text messages on here that I'll probably need for court. Anyway to print them off that anyone knows of?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    sms backup and restore.

can you list all of the apps you have on the phone... it may be an app

5. ifknrock09

ifknrock09 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    All I have downloaded is... yahoo mail, Pandora, angry birds. That's it. Basically nothing.

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Yeah....those apps shouldn't do that. I would go with what Ed said. SMS back up and restore.

7. illegalblaq

illegalblaq Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    To be honest, my thrill has shut off a couple of times to, not to the point that is has been a issues but a one time during a phone call and another time while texting. While it could be the combination of apps i'm using it could also be a known bug in the firmware. What ever the case at the end of the day its not a issue that is common and frequent but something I noticed. Gingerbread should definitly be out by november and fix any issues so before running and claiming warranty on a phone you've already probably fully customized I would wait and see what happens. That is unless its really frequent for you

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I'm knocking on wood but hasn't happened yet.

9. OceanHaze627

OceanHaze627 Newbie
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    LA County, CA
    Mine did this only ONCE and I remember reading numerous critic reviews that mentioned this happening to them too (couldn't point out specific ones, sorry--I read a lot of them that day). Although in my case I didn't have to pull out the battery at all, I just pushed the power button again to turn it on. I remember the reviewers had to take out the battery, though.

10. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I'm sure LG is aware of this. Moto Phantom is having this issue too.

11. Gnosishunter

Gnosishunter Lurker
    None

I had the same issue on two LG Thrills. I'm thinking it must be the firmware. I'm set up for my 2nd exchange whenever another Thrill arrives at my local Radio Shack. Hopefully, it won't have the same bug. If it does, I'll drop a line on this thread, then I'd be confident that it's a firmware issue. This is my only issue, which is why I keep exchanging for the same model- this phone is f-ing awesome.

12. motoxj

motoxj Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    meat cutter
    west jordan, utah
    Mine did it twice in the last two days. I sent a text to my sales guy and all I got back was"dang". Not much help but what do you do, I love the phone.

13. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    It happened to me the other day right after I tried to download from a link.

14. pedro6669

pedro6669 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Fairfield, CA
    I am actually glad to see my Thrill is not the only one doing it. I have my 2nd exchange coming in the mail. ATT's fix is a few hard resets, new battery, then a refurb (which sucks because i bought the phone for the brand new price, not the refurb price). I talked to someone from LG today and their best idea was to have me mail it to them and they'd look at it when they got around to it. Yeah, no. My only complaints for this phone are: this prolem, the shutter lag, and the fact that the damn thing is still running Froyo when the Optimums 3D is beta running ICS. That makes sense...:thinking: Good luck everyone!

15. WickR1

WickR1 Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Mine restarted on me this weekend. It was just sitting on the coffee table and I saw the LG sign on the screen. Watched it and it rebooted for no reason. This is the first time I've actually seen it to it. Who knows how many other times it's happened.

Other issues I've had since getting the phone are: Camera shutting down when I try to open it. Other apps doing the same (Facebook, Words with Friends). GPS takes about 5 minutes to find me when using navigation. Tested that one again this morning. It takes me 4 minutes to get to work, started it when I left and it was still searching for the signal when I pulled into work. It's has also stopped receiving and sending pictures via SMS. This has happened several times and to fix it, I've had to remove the battery, let it set for a couple minutes, then put it back in and reboot. I think that's all I've had.... which to me, is way too many issues for a new phone. My iPhone 3GS was 3 years old and didn't have this many problems.

16. gsavage

gsavage Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Not just the power cycling that has become a issue, but now after talking to tech at ATT they basiclly did no trouble shooting, said to call warrenty for a replacement, REALLY!? I WAS tech support for ATT but things have changed so much. Anyway, my thrill is powercycling on it own, it changes all the ringtones back to stock after powercycling, my keyboard wont turn when i tilt the screen, all I was told is hook it to my computer to backup my pictures and my apps, then do a master reset. but my computer dosent recognize it, and the lg website dosent have the p925 as a model option. SERIOUSLY... I'm stuck in a contract and out of the 30 day return policy to the store.. THIS SUCKS!!!!

17. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    My Thrill was powercycling itself and freezing sometimes to where I would have to take out the battery. The battery was replaced and did master resets more times than I can imagine. They exchanged it twice under warranty and the new phone had the same issues. I did the Gingerbread update and it kept doing it. They offered to replace it with a different device so I chose the Samsung Skyrocket. I hope I have no more issues. The Thrill was my first android device and I am regretting it so far.

Tags: