• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my touch screen is possessed!

Mu old Droid did this a couple times.. the culprits: Moist air(namely steam in the kitchen), and a single teeny drop of water at the edge of the screen that got into the tiny gap. Neither will cause the moisture indicators to show.

Turn your droid off, and place it in a very warm/dry place for 1-3 hours, then try it out. A hairdryer on LOW aiming at the screen from a safe distance(at least 10 inches) for 5-10 minutes may suffice also---DO NOT USE THE HIGH SETTING!:p

Upvote 0
Yep - the above advice is good although for electronics to dry can sometimes takes 48 hrs or more if there isn't any air flow in there. Try not to use it for as many hours as you can, worst thing for wet electronics is to use them. If it still doesnt work then IMO your should get it replaced if you can. VZ probably would replace it if the indicator isnt all red.

Upvote 0
Well, thanks everyone for your responses; I appreciate the help.

Oddly, it's working fine now. I have installed some new apps, mostly gps/pedometer ones. And it may have gotten slightly wet as I walked in a slight drizzle checking out said apps.

It was bizarre while it lasted, and depressing. I'm glad it's all normal now. Thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem I think you're referring to and it was related to some apps or so I thought. When you tap somewhere on the screen it acts like you selected somewhere else, then it will jump up and down and all around while scrolling lists. Typing yields double presses on soft keyboard, and selecting a contact to dial is nearly impossible?

Those are the symptoms I had, and I believe at the time they were related to the app PDAnet. Check to see if your phone has (or had) USB Debugging activated in the settings under apps ---> development. It always went away when I deactivated this. I don't think it is a hardware issue if you didn't get your screen significantly wet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones