• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Tracks: dev's requested to work with me.

Profete162

Lurker
Dec 18, 2009
I hope everybody here know the wonderful "my tracks" application. As I have seen this app is open sourced: mytracks - Project Hosting on Google Code

I would like to know if there are motivated dev's that would like to work on this code to add some features that the Google team has not implemented (yet?)

like:

* Pause the recording
* exporting speed/elevation graphs ( csv, excell, etc..)
* Showing speed graph when exporting a map ( for now only the elevation graph is shown)
* etc.

Do you find that intresting and would you like to work on that??

As I have no knowledge in Google Code and sharing code ( this app will of course be open source too), any would be highly appreciated.

Thank a lot.

I am not a Dev and do not have the knowledge to help with anything really. But i am posting to say that exporting of speed graphs is something it is missing. I used to use Nokia Sports Track for measuring my riding distances and speeds etc, then could overlay then exported files on Google Earth and I could see my speed at any point. This helps a lot when trying to see where i am improving and where improvement is needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones