• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Tracks is just awesome

jharkins

Aug 25, 2010
I just installed My Tracks yesterday and I took it will me on a run last night and I have to say it is quite an amazing app. Even with the very well documented GPS issues with the Captivate the app had no problem in tracking me as I very very slowly jogged a little over a mile.

There are plenty of settings on the app that control the cycle, accuracy of the satellites and you are able to export your track to a google map and your data to a google doc. It also plots your running speed as well as your elevation along your entire path.

Here is my first trial run (pardon the pun) with the app on google map
8/31 - Google Maps

You can see it was pretty accurate and this was only with stock settings which I am sure you can tweek for better accuracy.

Now I just want to run more so I can keep using this app. Man I love this phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones