• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My verizon update disable hotspot?

Well I wish it were still free nothing lasts forever, I went ahead and paid the 30 bucks extra because I use it heavily at home and work.

Right on boycott. If I was a real heavy user- ie completely doing away with my dsl and using just my cellular connection, i would pay the tethering fee. For me, I can't justify the cost of 30 dollars a month.

Also if I were to pay 30 a month extra, I would truly want unlimited data without reproductions.

Upvote 0
I have yet to run the update myself and am holding out till someone come up with a non rooting workaround. :)

Sorry but it isn't going to happen. The android source allows tethering carriers alter the feature to register as what it is so they can charge for it. Aside from getting superuser access (root) you can't circumvent the system that is in place. You could try wired tethering apps but there is no guarantee success.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones