• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My wife's phone sometimes shows her calls are coming from my daughter

No, I don't know your daughter. :eek: ;)

@Dannydet I think you misunderstood. He's saying the wife places a call and the phone on the receiving end displays that the daughter is calling. @CharlesLewis, if the recipient of the call has your wife's and daughter's name somehow combined or joined in their contacts, then google will display the first name alphabetically speaking. For example if my son's contact list has myself and my wife as separate contacts but he has our landline listed as the home number, which would be the same, Google will ask if you want to join the contacts. Many accept it without understanding what will happen. Then when either of us call, he only sees one.

Upvote 0
Several times she has made a call and the recipient has told her that my daughter's name has shown as the caller. I haven't been able to find a reason for this strange behavior.
Tell your wife she should try opening up the Contacts app on her phone, find and open open up her listed entry, and see what names and data have been entered there. Sounds like your daughter name will be showing instead of your wife's name in one of her phone numbers (you can have multiple ones listed, i.e. Mobile, Home, Work, etc.) Click on the little pencil icon at the top to edit.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
If your wife's phone calls identify her as your daughter when this involves different recipients than it's probably a matter of her phone or her info with her account of her cellular service. If all her other phone calls are OK and it's just the one person, than yeah, it's most likely something they need to look into on their end. (i.e. check the Contacts listing on their phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones