• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My wifi and bluetooth don't work. How to fix ???

Hey android friends,
I got a problem with my wifi and bluetooth. I bought the nexus one off of someone. The nexus one is rooted with modaco rom and when I went to try to use wifi, it didnt work and when i tried to use bluetooth, it didnt work too. So i thought to myself. The guy who rooted this phone must of did some wrong for me not to have wifi or bluetooth. So I thought it was the rom, so I rooted it back to stock shipping rom. The bluetooth and wifi button on the home screen turn on (like a dark green and it never turns bright green like all the other buttons-well bluetooth turns dark green and then goes back to black and wifi turn dark green and stays like that until i click on it again to shut it off)before that when the Modaco rom was in. The wifi dark green would just stay dark and u can't turn it off and the wifi did the same-turn on and turn back to black. I was wondering what could be wrong. I talked to a google tech and asked him if it could be the hardware and he says the wifi and bluetooth are two different chips and its odd and rare that both would go. So i'm thinking I missing something when I rooted the phone back to stock. I rooted the system.img userdata.img, boot.img and recovery.img. I was wondering does the radio.img have to do anything with it(cause i didnt root that). Will that give me my wifi and bluetooth back. Please help and sorry for long story. Have to make it clear for everyone to understand. Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Hey android friends,
I got a problem with my wifi and bluetooth. I bought the nexus one off of someone. The nexus one is rooted with modaco rom and when I went to try to use wifi, it didnt work and when i tried to use bluetooth, it didnt work too. So i thought to myself. The guy who rooted this phone must of did some wrong for me not to have wifi or bluetooth. So I thought it was the rom, so I rooted it back to stock shipping rom. The bluetooth and wifi button on the home screen turn on (like a dark green and it never turns bright green like all the other buttons-well bluetooth turns dark green and then goes back to black and wifi turn dark green and stays like that until i click on it again to shut it off)before that when the Modaco rom was in. The wifi dark green would just stay dark and u can't turn it off and the wifi did the same-turn on and turn back to black. I was wondering what could be wrong. I talked to a google tech and asked him if it could be the hardware and he says the wifi and bluetooth are two different chips and its odd and rare that both would go. So i'm thinking I missing something when I rooted the phone back to stock. I rooted the system.img userdata.img, boot.img and recovery.img. I was wondering does the radio.img have to do anything with it(cause i didnt root that). Will that give me my wifi and bluetooth back. Please help and sorry for long story. Have to make it clear for everyone to understand. Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

It will be either the Desire ROM or perhaps, the radio image that was installed with it - may not be compatible with the Stock ROM.

What I would do at this stage is this......go to Modaco's site and download a complete ROM (including the Radio image) - I recommend the Froyo ROM with Radio, as this works fine for me and is stable. If you download the Froyo ROM from the kitchen, you will also install the market fix so that you can access all the paid apps. In my experience, the one thing that didn't work properly is the Adobe Flash app but I reinstalled this from a Titanium Backup I took from a previous stock Froyo ROM.

Flashing them both together with Paul's .zip bundle works well for me.

Just make sure your phone is fully charged & wipe everything in Recovery before you flash. Titanium backup Apps, etc.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, so basically your saying that i might have the wrong radio.img because I checked. And I think I have the desire radio.img(not sure if it is but when I went to look it up, it says it was the desire radio.img) the radio.img i have now is 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12.7 Please tell me if thats a desire radio.img because right now I am on froyo 2.2 which i forgot to mention(sorry everyone) what is froyo radio.img I need that if that's the cause of my wifi/bluetooth not working. Thanks in advance and thanks Daffyduck

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, so basically your saying that i might have the wrong radio.img because I checked. And I think I have the desire radio.img(not sure if it is but when I went to look it up, it says it was the desire radio.img) the radio.img i have now is 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12.7 Please tell me if thats a desire radio.img because right now I am on froyo 2.2 which i forgot to mention(sorry everyone) what is froyo radio.img I need that if that's the cause of my wifi/bluetooth not working. Thanks in advance and thanks Daffyduck

12.7 is the Froyo radio.

So if you have the Froyo rom and radio installed and it still isn't working, it may not have flashed properly.

Download a fresh copy from Modacos site (you have the link). Wipe all options in recovery, then flash again.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then there maybe an issue with the hardware?

Upvote 0
Thanks DaffyDuck, I got some questions. If I re-flash everything back to stock again(ERD79) from Modaco, Do i have to flash everything that is in the zip file. I know I have to flash System.img, Boot.img, Recovery.img and Userdata.img but do I have to flash Microp_Passion_Passion#C_LED_V0B14_88V_20091203.img , Radio_1202_2_20091214_Signed_PASSION.img , Spcustom.img, Splash1.img and how would I go and do that. Cause thats long. I know with like system,boot,recovery and Userdata is fastboot flash system system.img and the others etc but I dont know about the Microp, Radio ,Spcustom and Splash1 since they are long so I wouldnt know where to start( do i type the whole thing or is there a shorter way). Thanks in advance and you've been a big help.

Upvote 0
I would firstly try to flash the leaked Froyo ROM, as I know that works well enough to use as a day-to-day ROM.

Download from this link & flash the complete file (the with radio version - 1st link on the page):
24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen - Android @ MoDaCo

Place it on the root of your sd card. Then in recovery, wipe all options and then flash the Zip file.

This way, you get a complete rom and radio installed fresh.

Then, we see if your wifi and bluetooth work...........

Note: with this rom, you may lose the ability to run rooted apps (there is a file to flash to fix this) plus, paid apps will be lost from the market (but there is a way around this if you want to keep Froyo).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones