• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyBackup Pro or alternative - rooted phone to stock phone?

zpordmuc

Lurker
Apr 24, 2012
Hi everyone. I've just upgraded from a Desire Z to a One X.

I'm loving the new phone so far, but I would like to transfer my game/app data from my rooted Desire Z to my unrooted One X. If I were to purchase MyBackup Pro, would it be able to do this for me, or would I have permission problems when trying to restore app data on a stock device?

So far I've seen lots of tutorials regarding root to root transfers, or stock to stock (and the inherent limitations), but I'm wondering if it will work this way around. If not, does anyone know of an alternative method?

The reason my One X is stock, is that I'd like to run-out the warranty before rooting.

Thanks very much in advance! :)

PS: I've already purchased Titanium Backup Pro, but when I install it on my stock One X it tells me that I can not use it's features without root (I'm paraphrasing). ;)

Okay, I just bought MyBackup Pro and tried it and it doesn't seem to work for this purpose.

I was sceptical as the description does say that apk+data is only for root, so I guess even though it reported that it managed to backup apk+data on the rooted phone, the data was not restored to the stock phone. :(

Thanks anyway chanchan05.

I'll check with the MyBackup Pro devs just in case there is another way around this and will report back, if successful.

Cheers

Edit: chanchan05, I can see you probably mean to say "can't", rather than "can". Lol. Nevermind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones