• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyBackup Root released for FREE on the Android Market

Just thought I'd pop in to say I've been watching this thread with some interest, shame it doesn't sound like the product is quite at the point of being reliable enough for my comfort levels yet.

The aforementioned comfort levels took a bit of a hit yesterday when I tried running a different backup solution and it froze mid-restore. Phone turned out fine, but that was enough of a close call to make me timid about trying anything else right now.

Upvote 0
I have bought MyBackup Pro and am now trying the root version. Is there a plan in the near future to allow people who bought pro to backup online. I need my market links backed up so root is my option. Backing up online would be helpful.

The Pro users of MyBackup do not need to also have the Root version, as the Pro version will have all the ability of root access, simply turn on the option in the Menu->Options of the Pro application, and all the Root ability will be there!

Upvote 0
I have bought MyBackup Pro and am now trying the root version. Is there a plan in the near future to allow people who bought pro to backup online. I need my market links backed up so root is my option. Backing up online would be helpful.
Root is a subset of Pro. Uninstall root, reinstall pro and enable root features in the settings.

Upvote 0
Hi. I tried it. I think i couldn't backup my contacts, which WERE on my phone. And that's not the only problem. Let me start from the beginning...
I downloaded, used it to backup my apps, I saw it was successful, so I used it to backup my contacts. Then I changed my ROM, from jpu to jpy (best, by the way). I tried to download mybackup root, but it didn't load, said it could be installed only on 1 device. Weird, this phone is my only phone... So i had to download mybackup trial. It could restore my apps successfully, like I never wiped data and flashed a new rom. Very successful on that. But when it came to my contacts, it seems it never backed my contacts(the ones on the phone) up or it just couldn't restore them. I saw that some of my contacts were on google, and mybackup root backed them up, it restored them. Now i have duplicates of all. I said delete when notification popped up(you deleted too many contacts it said, and i chose delete them).
Now what?

Upvote 0
Hi Rog,

thanks for the great app. Unfortunately since the update a day or so ago, the scheduled backup didn't happen for the first time. I deleted the schedule and re-set it and hope this takes care of the issue (I'll see tomorrow morning). I'm running an Epic 4G from Sprint, rooted, but on the stock 2.1 ROM. I'll report back either way.

Upvote 0
Hi. I tried it. I think i couldn't backup my contacts, which WERE on my phone. And that's not the only problem. Let me start from the beginning...
I downloaded, used it to backup my apps, I saw it was successful, so I used it to backup my contacts. Then I changed my ROM, from jpu to jpy (best, by the way). I tried to download mybackup root, but it didn't load, said it could be installed only on 1 device. Weird, this phone is my only phone... So i had to download mybackup trial. It could restore my apps successfully, like I never wiped data and flashed a new rom. Very successful on that. But when it came to my contacts, it seems it never backed my contacts(the ones on the phone) up or it just couldn't restore them. I saw that some of my contacts were on google, and mybackup root backed them up, it restored them. Now i have duplicates of all. I said delete when notification popped up(you deleted too many contacts it said, and i chose delete them).
Now what?

Anything about that? I can't install MyBackup Root, it says it can only be installed on one device, and I have only one device.
And it couldn't restore my contacts to my phone, it just duplicated the ones on my google account, of course I didn't use MyBackup Root since I can't install it, I used MyBackup trial version.

Upvote 0
beer-in-box: You can install MyBackup Root on as many devices as you want, there is no restriction in the application for this. It only restricts when you go to restore a backup onto a different device than the one it was created on.

When you use Gmail sync for contacts, sometimes it creates duplicate entries in your contacts database, but then merges them into a single visible contact. Once the sync is complete, it will merge them into 1 if there are dups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones