1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support myModes and issues...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kktk, Mar 2, 2011.

1. kktk

kktk Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    For starters, coming from a Nokia world, I'm surprised that many other platforms(except BB) dont have profiles built in! That's crazy!

So I was surprised to see that the Mytouch4g has its "modes" option.

Using it however I have noticed that you cant really set volume for ringtones and notifications with these things. All I can do is either turn it off or on and change the tone of the ringtone etc based on the mode selected.

That's not useful :)
    I still have to set the phone on silent etc when going into a meeting or going to bed etc....

Am I missing anything?

Advertisement

2. Basscasey

Basscasey Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    You could always set one of the modes (such as meeting) to "silent" ringtone if thats what you are going for. And as far as changing the ringer volume, thats what the rocker switches on the side of the phone are or are for.

With that being said...no...not very useful. if I want it quiet or on vibe...then i turn it down with the rocker buttons.

3. kktk

kktk Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Yeah...we can set the modes with different ringtones etc...but not control the volume of the ring or the notifications...its either Silent or a specific sound/ringtone.

I also noticed that changes made to the Normal Sound profile stick...as in Ringer volume at 50% and Notification Volume at 25%....

But changes made to the Silent Profile don't..every time I get out of it and come back....all notification volume levels are set to 0.

What's the point in letting us set it if it doesn't stick?