• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyNet doesn't see all folders on PC network

bill2reg

Nov 3, 2010
I have a desktop PC running windows7 64 bit. When I open MyNet on my Asus Transformer Infinity TF700, I can see my PC as a server, and if I select music or photos or whatever, then I can see the whole external drive (J: ) on my PC and I can see ONE folder only (even though the entire J: drive is shared on the PC) and only ONE folder in that folder (again even though the whole folder is shared). A few other items also show up, and these are on the internal PC drive. I don't understand why some things show up no matter where they are, but most items don't show up on the tablet. So again, the entire external drive shows up, and even though it's shared, only one single folder and one of that folder's subfolder show up. So I don't think it's a connection problem, or else NOTHING would show up, and for the same reason I don't think it's a firewall problem or such. All folders have full permissions for everyone. Other tablet apps that need WiFi connections work perfectly. And my router shows the tablet connected no problem, with the correct IP and MAC addresses.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones