1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mysterious Alert/Notification in middle of night

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aladriel, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Aladriel

Aladriel Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    I have a very mysterious thing going on with my phone (Optimus V). About a month ago, my phone began giving off an alarm/notification at 1 AM every night. What makes it extremely odd is that I can't replicate the tone. It's not anywhere in my sounds. I've gone through all of the apps that I use and have turned off all alarms/sounds/notifications. AND I have Silent Time Lite! I thought that maybe it was an app updating in the middle of the night, so I've turned off all automatic updating through Market. I have 2 Amazon apps, but both of those were dl'd post-mysterious noise. I thought maybe it was the battery charging but, it happens at 1 AM no matter what the battery status is and wouldn't Silent Time block that??

Please help! I'm pregnant and this is waking me up every night!!

I can provide a list of apps that are on my phone if that would help. TIA!!!

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Is it a funky beebing,ringing kind of tone. It might be the system notification tone. Check in your calendar. Hopefully some of the other members can throw ideas at you.

Aladriel likes this.
  3. Aladriel

Aladriel Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Thank you for your response!

It's a beeping. It goes "DOO-doo DOO-doo DOO-doo". I know.. helpful, right??

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked my calendar. It's synced to my gmail, so there was nothing there at 1 AM. I hadn't thought of checking it though! Thanks again!

4. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    The phone has a pregnancy sensor, it is preparing you for once the baby is born and the lack of sleep you'll get.

You could also visit the page for each app and see if others are experiencing a problem like yours.

If not would start with uninstalling 2 or 3 apps a day and seeing if this stops
    the beep. Or uninstall everything and reinstall a couple at a time, starting with your most used.

Aladriel likes this.
  5. Aladriel

Aladriel Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Ha! This is our second, so I already know that!! :p

I did check the Silent Time Lite page, but didn't consider checking any of the others. Thanks!

6. syav

syav Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Try turning off your phone and ta&#1082;&#1077; the &#1068;attery out for a few secs. When your phone re&#1068;oots hopefully that'll reset and disa&#1068;le that notification alarm.

Tags: