1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mysterious Battery Drain?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by schrodinger56, May 20, 2011.

1. schrodinger56

schrodinger56 Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    I've just got the Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800 and it does me fine except for one thing that I've noticed happening for a second time now. Last night it had approx. 75% battery life left when I switched the phone completely off however when I switched it back on this morning it was "telling" me to recharge it as the battery was too running very low.

What I don't understand is how can the battery drain when the phone is switched completely off?

Advertisement

2. afl777

afl777 Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Swadlincote Derbyshire
    Poss the 75% isn't accurate cos they do tend to suddenly drop to nothing when they are at 50%.

On start up there are a lot of things start running and scanning so that might be using the last bit or battery life...:)

Ang x

3. stuart121972

stuart121972 Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    I had this problem but it looks like I seem to have fixed it (or at least found a work around).

Turn off wifi, bluetooth and 3G when you don't need them. I also downloaded an app from the Market called Auto Killer Memory, and used it to turn off some apps that where running that didn't need to be.

4. schrodinger56

schrodinger56 Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    On further advice I've downloaded something called Task Killer and APNdroid the latter can be used to switch the 3G or EDGE off which I understand drains the battery at a prodigious rate. The former I understand just turns the specific application off so it no longer runs in the background. Since downloading and using these I have seen an improvement in battery life from woefully inadequate to acceptable.