1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mysterious changes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jason Warren, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Jason Warren

Jason Warren Lurker

My oppox2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jason Warren

Jason Warren Lurker

I lost the ability to swipe up, and the three navigation buttons vanished for some mysterious reason. Now I can only have the swipe up feature, or the buttons, when before I had both. Any clue as to how I can resolve this?

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Which "swipe up" feature do you mean? Because Android navigation these days has two or three different swipe up gestures (for app drawer, for recent apps and for "home" if you use the "gesture navigation" option).

With that uncertainty, I wonder whether you had a Google Play Services update? The reason I ask is because I had a notification on my Pixel 2 telling me that there was a services update and that I should restart my phone to install it. I ignored it, but yesterday my phone shut down in use (ageing battery plus cold weather), and after it restarted it broke the recent apps feature on the two-button navigation (Android 9 style) and broke both home and recent apps for the gesture navigation, forcing me to switch to the old three-button style. I'd assumed that this might be Pixel-specific, since recent apps is connected to the stock launcher these days even if you don't use that, and as the stock launcher on a Pixel is Google's Pixel launcher I could easily imaging them breaking it for people who use 3rd party launchers as they have form there, but it might be more widespread. It certainly sounds like it might be something similar to my problem, and the timing is coincidental at least.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Landlek

Landlek Lurker

How can I enable this feature in the end?
    By the way, I also have an Oppo smartphone. I have been using it for over a year. All was good. But today my smartphone suddenly turned off and won't turn on anymore. What could be the reason? Could it be because of the battery? Or what spare-parts-mobile.com oppo spare parts do I need to order for repair?

#4 Landlek, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021

Oppo Find X2 Pro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews