• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mystery Alerts... from infinity and beyond?

infinitempg

May 14, 2010
Have a Razr Maxx ICS from Verizon and have a really frustrating situation. Occasionally I will hear my alert tone and when I grab my phone I will see the green alert light flashing. When I wake my phone there is nothing in the notification bar, no new text messages, no weather alerts, nothing. When I sleep my phone the green light is gone.

I have network lost tones, update alerts, all alerts I can find in every application turned OFF. I checked running apps and can't find an alert turned on in any of them. It's bugging the you know what outta me.

I have looked around and can't find any app or anything that will log or monitor what alerts were given and from what. Is there anything that can help identify the source of these mystery alerts other then guessing???

Thanks!

Was texting with my son and after my last text to him my phone toned off and I thought it was a new text message but I noticed the green light not the blue was flashing. When I woke the phone up there were no new text messages, no alerts, nothing. I looked at my running apps, started looking up things but nothing came to light.... except the dang green alert light when I let my phone go to sleep!!!!!!! ACK! :thinking:

So I turned off stand alone GPS thinking maybe that would do something. Still green light flashing, no alerts. Turned off lots of things and nothing turns off the green light when the phone sleeps.

Still plugging away, any help?

Upvote 0
As of now it's been silent with no lights for an hour. Deleted some apps including a couple live snowfall wallpapers, a few other unused apps, and an app I just installed recently, ESPN Score Center. I had all alerts in Score Center turned off so doubt that was it but will re-install and be careful what I turn on as that's a very used app for me.

Upvote 0
When mine was doing that it was the Yahoo Mail app. I had to dig around in there and tell it not to use notifications. Actually I think I had to tell it to use 'no sound' for a notification, as well as turning them off - I don't recall exactly what I did, but I do recall that it was more steps than I thought it should be. In any case, if you have a YMail account set up, look to that app to be the one that's pestering you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones