1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Mystery' App Updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by matt86, Mar 6, 2012.

1. matt86

matt86 Lurker

In the notification area at the top of the screen there is a logo of a circle made of two round arrows with an arrow inside it, symbolising an update going on. So I pull down the notifications page and it says 'Application Updates (2/2) Installing...'

However, if I then tap this notification, it opens a further box saying 'Installing Updates: Installing App (2/2)' and a progress bar.

If I press 'OK' the box goes away, but the notification symbol doesnt, in other words, this unknown app has been 'updating' for around two hours. How the heck can I identify which app it is and stop it, since its clearly malfunctioning???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

That's the system update icon as far as I'm aware, it's trying to update your OS, not an app.

If I recall correctly, I needed to clear a few apps out before it would let me download the update so you might need to delete stuff before it will install.

3. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

As el presidente said it is a system update. I think you will need around 40MB of internal memory.

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews