1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mystery icon in status bar after OTA update to 2.3.6 on Samsung Charge

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wnorthw, Aug 14, 2012.

1. wnorthw

wnorthw Lurker

Can anyone tell me what the meaning of the 'house icon' i now find on the status bar? it appears next to my wireless 'bars' and looks like a house with wireless signals emanating from it. I'm guessing it indicates i'm connected to my microcell. does anyone know?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bwthrows

bwthrows Lurker

I've been searching for the answer to this and my guess was it is the symbol for a network extender. I haven't found anything conclusive yet though.

3. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

my husband got this on his charge too. we have decided that it is the network entender because it only shows up at home, not at the office or while driving down the road. (the other option would be that web connected samsung bluray player we recently got but that seems a bit far fetched)

4. haehnkr

haehnkr Lurker

I have the same icon on my phone appear randomly when I am at home and I do not have a verizon extender. I have also noticed this when I was sitting in a vacant parking lot eatting lunch one day. I have been trying to figure what the icon could mean.

5. valorian

valorian Android Expert

You may not have a network extender but one of your neighbors may have one your phone is picking up.