1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Mystirious loss of memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HiloDB1, Aug 15, 2011.

1. HiloDB1

HiloDB1 Member

Jul 29, 2011
    I need some help. I followed the instructions in the http://androidforums.com/flipside-a...-moto-blur-motorola-flipside.html#post2754078 and got my phone to root and uninstalled the AT&T bloatware and some of the other stuff but left the Motoblur. I have Link2SD and moved all my apps to the SD card.

After the initial purge my phone was running great and everything seemed good. But after a few weeks it started slowing down again. I checked Titanium back up and my internal memory has gone down quite a bit (from 109MB free to 46MB free) Im not sure what is causing this. Cleared out the cache from all the programs I can and still only have 63MB fre. What happened to the other 40MB?

Also another thing Ive noticed my battery has been loosing charge very rapidly. From a full charge to completely dead in about 6~8 hours. If I dont use the phone much then I can make it a day. I think this may be related to the memory issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Police Lieutenant
    Chattanooga, TN
    Get the Atrix 2. No memory problems and the battery life is GREAT.

3. sgenn99

sgenn99 New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Production
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    hey there-i'm having some issues with my flipside as well. i just got it replaced because it locked up on me. the new one has the 2.2 upgrade, which is great. however, i have some kind of problem with the battery. it won't hold a charge. it hovers around 20-40%. also, wtf is with the low memory issue? is there any way to get rid of all this pre-loaded software i will never use and free up space? tried moving as many apps to my sd card as allowed, but it really doesn't give users much freedom at all. i can't download more than 3 or 4 apps, the battery sucks, and i am not impressed. can anybody point this newbie in the right direction. thanks in advance!