• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mythbusters Appreciation Thread

ardchoille

Android Expert
Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
I hadn't been in the habit of watching TV very often last year, but I was surfing around to find something to watch and came across a couple of men doing research and stopped to see what it was about. I happen to love doing research and left the channel there for a bit.

Well, "a bit" turned into 6 hours due to the Mythbusters marathon that was on and I was sad when it was over. Since then I keep a close eye on the TV guide so I won't miss an episode.

This show is awesome and I have learned tons of cool things from it.

Are there any other Mythbusters fans out there? If so, what is your favorite episode?

Oh, wait.. Mythbusters is on. See ya! :D

I've got several favorite episodes, but the top 3 are definitely:
1) Cleaning a cement truck with explosives
2) Water heater rocket
3) Splitting a car in half

I'll try to dig up the season and episode numbers for you if you would like.
I liked the water heater rocket, blew my mind when I saw how powerful those things could be.

Splitting a car in half was my favorite. I love how Mythbusters simply "can't stop there" and go on with explosives. Blowing up a shark was awesome!

Upvote 0
My entire family loves the Mythbusters... it's awesome! Favorite episode:
The sawdust cannon
Water heater rocket was epic
The car suspended by hydro/fire hoses was good
The duct tape sail boat was interesting
Trying to weld two autos together by impact lol
Cleaning the cement truck
Prison break/descending a great height using hair and toilet paper

Shoot.. the list could go on forever. They are all great.

Upvote 0
My entire family loves the Mythbusters... it's awesome! Favorite episode:
The sawdust cannon
Water heater rocket was epic
The car suspended by hydro/fire hoses was good
The duct tape sail boat was interesting
Trying to weld two autos together by impact lol
Cleaning the cement truck
Prison break/descending a great height using hair and toilet paper

Shoot.. the list could go on forever. They are all great.
The duct tape episodes were great! I haven't ever used duct tape too much and still amazed at how wonderful the stuff is. Red Green calls duct tape "the handyman's secret weapon".

Upvote 0
I watched the first several seasons and loved it. Then it just seemed like it was at the point where they blew stuff up every episode just because.

And wouldn't you if you could? lol I do think the earlier shows were more interesting than the later ones. I guess they bowed to what the majority wanted to see. Still, it's an entertaining enough show. Would be a dream job don't you think?

Upvote 0
Airplane taking off on conveyor belt
Anyone who works aircraft knows the answer to this.

I liked the can a jet engine blow over a car. I know this is true as when I was launching my bomber had a van drive behind the plane with engines running. Told the pilot to go full throttle all eight engines. I had the van on 2 wheels and if I was 5 seconds sooner I would of had it rolling. Gotta love 17500 Ft pounds of thrust:D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones