• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyTouch 3G 1.2 Won't Boot Past Android Screen. Please Help :)

dustinrwh

Lurker
Sep 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have looked all over for a solution (2-3 hrs.) and could not figure out how to fix my phone. I bought this mytouch 3g 1.2 (with headphone jack) from the classifieds and it has never been rooted or anything. I used it for a day and everything was fine. Then, I wanted to unlock it for my friend to use on AT&T. I turned off the phone, stuck in the AT&T SIM card and booted up expecting to see the screen where I can put in the unlock code I got from T-Mobile, then it stopped working. It will boot up to the android screen and that is it.

I have tried the following:
1) Holding power and home button. It sends me to the Android Recovery screen, but I can't select anything. I can move in between options, but can't select anything.
2) Using no SIM or T-Mobile SIM.....nothing.
3) Getting a sappimg.zip that is supposed to unlock the phone and put it on the microSD card.....nothing on the HBOOT screen.

Here is what is weird and I think might be the problem:

After I hold down power and volume down to get to HBOOT and Fastboot screen, I press the ball button and it says:

"SD Checking...
Loading .zip
No Image!
etc.
etc.
etc."

Also, Fastboot does not do anything to fix this.

Thanks for being really smart and helping me out on this!

Here is the info from the HBOOT screen:
Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.28.25
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

Hi everyone,

I have looked all over for a solution (2-3 hrs.) and could not figure out how to fix my phone. I bought this mytouch 3g 1.2 (with headphone jack) from the classifieds and it has never been rooted or anything. I used it for a day and everything was fine. Then, I wanted to unlock it for my friend to use on AT&T. I turned off the phone, stuck in the AT&T SIM card and booted up expecting to see the screen where I can put in the unlock code I got from T-Mobile, then it stopped working. It will boot up to the android screen and that is it.

I have tried the following:
1) Holding power and home button. It sends me to the Android Recovery screen, but I can't select anything. I can move in between options, but can't select anything.
2) Using no SIM or T-Mobile SIM.....nothing.
3) Getting a sappimg.zip that is supposed to unlock the phone and put it on the microSD card.....nothing on the HBOOT screen.

Here is what is weird and I think might be the problem:

After I hold down power and volume down to get to HBOOT and Fastboot screen, I press the ball button and it says:

"SD Checking...
Loading .zip
No Image!
etc.
etc.
etc."

Also, Fastboot does not do anything to fix this.

Thanks for being really smart and helping me out on this!

Here is the info from the HBOOT screen:
Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.28.25
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27
hey dustinrwh i have exactly the same problem with my htc mytouch 3g. all its specifications are the same as urs. and i also tried to reset it but i cant select any of the options both by pressing the trackball and the send key in the recovery mode( after booting the phone by pressing home key and turn on/ off key). i tried the fast boot mode to reset the device but it didnt work too. The messages displayed in the HT boot are exactly the same as urs.. did u manage to troubleshoot urs? if yes looking forward to ur reply. thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones