• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mytouch 3g dilema

bfinch

Lurker
May 15, 2010
OK i have a dilema..
I am in an area where i cannot get t-mobile so I have ATT. I just bought a used mytouch 3g with 3.5mm headphone jack after losing my iphone and deciding i want android.
My problem is i have called T-mobile and verified that the phone is not stolen, they have told me it will be 7 days before i get the unlock code email. My cell phone is the only phone i have so i can not wait 7 days. I have tried almost every pay for unlock code websites and none of them have been able to give me a code. is there a reason that the newer mytouch 3g's cannot be unlocked? has anyone been able to unlock a new mytouch 3g using a website? if so which one?

I am in law enforcement and for my safety i really dont want to be without a phone for 7 days. please help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones