• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mytouch 3G stuck on splashing screen

cminusa

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Guys,
I am in desperate need of some help here. I am not an expert in android devices hence please be as clear in directions as possible. I really appreciate you guys taking time out to read and post a reply.

I got a friend's mytouch 3g to use...but when i insert my sim card, it past the green mytouch 3g screen and got stuck on splashing colors screen. I removed the battery, reinserted and its doing the same thing. I even did a factory reset but still no luck. I did some search and found the hboot and fastboot (did factory reset using the fastboot) so i dont think its bricked yet...
These are the setups it shows from hboot

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Guys,
I am in desperate need of some help here. I am not an expert in android devices hence please be as clear in directions as possible. I really appreciate you guys taking time out to read and post a reply.

I got a friend's mytouch 3g to use...but when i insert my sim card, it past the green mytouch 3g screen and got stuck on splashing colors screen. I removed the battery, reinserted and its doing the same thing. I even did a factory reset but still no luck. I did some search and found the hboot and fastboot (did factory reset using the fastboot) so i dont think its bricked yet...
These are the setups it shows from hboot

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Is the phone rooted? How long are you letting the splash screen play for, before pulling the battery?

Upvote 0
i had this issue once. I let it run for 2 hours and still nothing.

Take out your sim card. Boot up. Keep the card out. Should start up after a while. Give it 10 minutes if it works (should mine did) reboot it without sim card. Make sure it boots up again. Then play with the phone for a bit. 10 minutes. Play a game or something. Then reboot again, (NO SIM)

If it boots with no sim card its your sim. After the 3rd time of booting and rebooting i inserted my card back in then everything seamed to work. I dont know what it was or what was causing it but it did not do it again.

If none of that works you need to find out if your rooted or not before we proceed.

Upvote 0
Try booting into recovery. To do that with the off, hold the home button and to power button until you see it say "booting into recovery". If it does that, then you are rooted and might need to flash a new rom. Try that and let me know, we can get you into a new rom easily after that.

Also let me know what recovery it has, if it has one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones