• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyTouch 4G Boot Loop Fix (kind of)

bomh6182

Lurker
Nov 19, 2011
I posted on here a month or two ago and didn't get any replies, and I haven't seen any solutions for the boot loop issue that comes up when the charger is plugged in or unplugged. I've found that when I apply pressure to the phone while plugging/unplugging the charger, in such a way that it's like I'm trying to bend the phone in half horizontally where the screen would cave down into a "V", applying more pressure on the charger (lower) end than the upper, the phone often does not reboot. When it does reboot, I bend it the same way and it usually only stays on the white MyTouch screen once, but no more than twice. Once you see the orange light come on and/or the charge icon go to green with the bolt, or once you see the light and icon disappear, you're good to go. Believe me, I know this is a really rigged way to do this, but the cell phone repair store couldn't fix the problem and I don't want to shell out a bunch for a new one. So yeah, if you have the reboot issue with the charger, try this!

Reactions: dmitrymt4g
Haha! Totally worked! I guess that proves it's a hardware issue. How did you figure it out? Were you trying to strangle your phone in frustration? :) Thanks so much for posting. My phone was driven over by several cars, and after $70 into restoring it, I was stuck with the boot loop. The only way I could get it to boot is to charge the battery completely in an external charger, leave the phone without power for an hour, put the battery back in, cross my fingers and power it on. Now, thanks to your tip, I just have to lightly twist my phone as it's booting. Works every time.

Upvote 0
C'mon guys...1st thanks for posting this unpractical way of twisting the phone, surprisingly it works which tells me that either there is a loose connection inside that gets fixed upon twisting or there is an unwanted connection that disconnects when the phone is twisted This cannot be terribly hard to fix.
Pls let me know if someone has a more permanent solution rather than twisting the phone everytime you charge it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones