1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MYTOUCH 4g Stuck on HBOOT Mytouch 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eznacho, Jul 8, 2011.

1. eznacho

eznacho Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Now this is my sister's phone so I don't know much about it.

She gave me the phone and it was stuck on a screen that had a red triangle with a red exclamation point in it and a mytouch in the background.
    After looking online I seen how to get into the hboot screen and hit factory reset.
    After doing factory reset the phone went back to the fastboot screen, I went into bootloader and in the bootloader screen I hit recovery and it went back to the screen with a red triangle with a red exclamation point and a mytouch in the background.
    I pressed up volume and hit the power button it took me to a blue menu but it tells me something about illegal operation. I'm thinking that the SD Card is not the original and it can't boot some things up that it needs to from there.

I'm stuck I don't know what to do from here.

Advertisement

2. Orical

Orical Newbie
    None

May 24, 2011
    Tech.
    Boston, Ma.
    It sounds like the phone was originally in temp root and before your sister was able to get it permarooted something went wrong. You want to do a factory reset and restart the phone normally. If the original Froyo doesn't load up then your going to have to adb push the original system back on the device.

Go here:myTouch 4G Android Development - xda-developers and follow the instructions on how to install adb push in 5 minutes, after you get that done there's a system update file on the forum that you flash in and it will get your device back to the day you bought it, there's a bloat free version of it as well if your up for it but the one you need is the OTA version of Froyo.

3. RJSH_1727

RJSH_1727 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    The same thing just happened to me. My phone stopped powering on out the blue! I was transferring files onto my SD Card. I powered it off and was trying to boot into Recovery. It never powered on. I tried hitting the power button - NOTHING. I pulled the battery out like twice and nothing happened still. I put the battery back in and just waited about a good 5 mins. My phone is Powering on again, and I was able to boot into Recovery, but now I see a pic of a cell with a red exclamation point. I've never seen that before when booting into Recovery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

4. dabears1981

dabears1981 Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    :thinking::thinking: Same thing happened to me tonight...My phone was updating a couple of apps and locked up for 30 mins.... so i pulled the battery and tried rebooting.. nothing would load the first page and stop. Waitied over an hour and nothing. so i searched the web and found this place :eek: HAHA i love it here HI..anyways i followed the steps tried recovery and got the mytouch with red triangle, it tried rebooting 3 times kept goin to back to the red triangle.. then got stuck on same mytouch screen. so i pulled batt again and went to factory reset, should take 3-5 mins.... i get the phone with the green arrows in a circle and a green down arrow and thats where it sits now for over an hour, reboots and goes back to that screen!!!! What is going on??!! how do i fix that??? Any ideas before i take back to tmobil and get a new phone? BTW phone is 3 months old and stock.. Thanks for the help :D

5. corholio

corholio Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    just become member in this page because we have the same problem. did you fixed?????, in my case i tried to turn off the automatic sincro and from there it's only show the green logo, and doesnt matter how many times you do a factory reset it will get stuck

6. corholio

corholio Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    Hi, did you fix the problem with your my touch??

7. dabears1981

dabears1981 Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    I ended up having to get a new phone, my phone insurance covered it. Sucks but it was done for. Of course you will get a refurb. At least I did :(