1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mytouch 4g. To switch to G2X?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tomim770, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tomim770

tomim770 Newbie
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Hi guys.

I have android phones for a while. I like it and not really looking to root, except I hate all of the garbage you get with the phones and you can't remove.

Currently I have mytouch 4g. It gives me some problems sometimes - just takes time to load messages, call log or other things. I figured switching to a phone with stronger specs will take care of the problem.

Again. I am not a heavy user or gamer, just surfing, few apps etc...

My wife has the lg optimus t and before her it was mine. I really like it and I figured that LG know what they are doing...

So now I have an offer to trade my mytouch 4g with a g2x + 75 dollars.

What do you guys think? I think I should go for it. Do you?

Advertisement

2. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    I actually had the MyTouch 4G and made the switch to a G2X. Personally I would not do it again, I actually preferred the MyTouch. The G2X is snappy a lot of the time, but I had a lot of issues with my first one and it's replacement. It would reboot randomly, it would go to sleep and not wake up without a battery pull, and this was all common. I also had horrible light leakage with both. TBH, it didn't really feel much faster than the My Touch either. A lot of people had similar problems, although I'm sure a lot of people didn't so YMMV. Maybe things will improve once Gingerbread finally is released for it officially. If you get into the rooting and custom rom scene, check out Royal Ginger for the MT4G, it ran like a dream. Good luck with whatever you choose.