• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyTouch Accessories Galore!

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
In the MyTouch 3G info packet we got on a UUSB there were a ton of PDFs and one of them is an absolute GOLDMINE of new accessories exclusively for the MyTouch 3G. Wanna see what I mean?MyTouch Battery Extender:MyTouch 3G Docking Station. Wow I want this for my G1 please? Pretty sweet!MyTouch Custom [...]

More...

You should go to T-Mobile's website and see what's in the box LOL
I just hope it all comes in the case that's in the MT3G unboxing video over on the phone dog website and see the box this stuff comes in LOL

Just a few questions though:

1) What size MicroSD card comes with the phone?

2) I have FITS installing screen protectors on any phone I try to use them with. Will the rep install these for me when I buy the phone at the store?

3) Should I also get the Starter Kit since it also includes a black Gel Skin, USB cable and car charger? Or the Home kit because it comes with the docking station, wall charger and USB cable? The phone already comes with a USB cable and wall charger.

4) I HATE my Motorola H680 because the piece that sits inside my ear HURTS after awhile. What BT headset is recommended so this doesn't happen? I think the problem is that it doesn't fit in my ear.

5) If I do go with a new 16 GB MicroSDHC card (my BB fried my last one which was an 8GB SDHC, not sure of the class), $90 for real??? Anywhere to get them cheaper???

6) I can get an extended battery from seidioonline.com but anywhere else for under $50?

I think that's it for now LOL

Upvote 0
I breifly had a mytouch 3g (decided i wanted verizon, not tmo). I would deffinently get the starter kit. It does come in the cool case. SD card was 4 gigs if i recall corectly. I highly recomend the Plantronics Voyager 855 bluetooth headset. Amazon has it for 45 and it converts from mono (phone calls, driving) to stereo (music, videos, podcasts). Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service
Amazon has pretty good prices on microsd too. i would never pay 90 for an 8 gig. You can get a 32 gig for way less on amazon. Don't know about the extended battery though.

Upvote 0
Need to make a correction. It's the 16 GB card that's $90 on T-Mobile. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the info on the starter kit. I can purchase the docking station, wrist straps, earphone covers and car charger separately.

I will never again touch a Plantronics headset for as long as I own a phone due to a horrible experience with an M2500. It never stayed connected to the phone I had it paired with; dropped calls when paired with the phone (I could start a conversation and about a minute or so into the conversation, it would hang up the call and drop the connection); and was a PITA to try and re-establish the connection. I have had 2 Motorola headsets and love them. The other one I had was an H500 but it fell off my ear and I don't know where it went.

Also, since the phone has been out for a few months, is it worthwhile to get the 2 yr protection plan? I always add warranty protection to my phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones