• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mytouch Available Memory

jfritzs2

Android Enthusiast
Sep 3, 2009
I will often use a task manager like TaskPanel or Taskiller, and they always say Available Memory: XX MB. And there is a value somewhere between 20MB and 40MB, never higher, and very rarely lower. But yet I read about people having like up to 70 MB. My phone does seem slow, and its rooted with Cyanogens latest mod and so I don't know why I always seem to have a slow phone.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm experiencing exactly the same with my MT3G as you, and I am running with CM 4.2.12.2. I just wiped and flashed my phone (basically starting completely over), and I must say it is running EXTREMELY quick again. I think since I tried so many different themes and useless applications, it just started bogging my phone down. You may want to wipe and flash your phone, as that will make it quick again. The downside to that is you'd have to reinstall all your applications, which wasn't all that of a concern to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones