• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyTouch Jabra SP700 bluetooth connection problems

wakela

Aug 9, 2009
So I can't get my myTouch to find my Jabra Sp700 speaker using bluetooth.

I turn on bluetooth on the phone.

I hold the on button on the Jabra and it comes on in bluetooth mode with the blue light flashing.

I scan devices on the phone, but it doesn't find the Jabra. I've scanned with the Jabra on and the Jabra off*. I've tried with the phone set to discoverable and not. I've done this in the car with the Jabra plugged in, so battery charge should not be an issue.

The only think I can think of is that the phone was purchased in Japan, but the Jabra is American, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. Technically the phone is an HT-03A, but it looks just like the MyTouch.

*-Oddly, the Jabra site suggests that the Jabra be off when the phone scans for it.
Jabra® Bluetooth® Pairing Simulator

Hi wakela,
Had the same problem. I didnt have its manual so I read another ear piece Jabra bluetooth catalogue (very small and simple manual really). What you need to do is keep the Jabra SP700 off and start searching for devices on your phone, and as it does, switch on the Jabra SP700 and keep pressing it until you hear a voice message saying "pairing". When you hear this voice in a few seconds it should connect to your phone.
Worked with me.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hi wakela,
Had the same problem. I didnt have its manual so I read another ear piece Jabra bluetooth catalogue (very small and simple manual really). What you need to do is keep the Jabra SP700 off and start searching for devices on your phone, and as it does, switch on the Jabra SP700 and keep pressing it until you hear a voice message saying "pairing". When you hear this voice in a few seconds it should connect to your phone.
Worked with me.

Good luck.

Thanks, that worked. However, I have more connection problems. When I connect the Jabra says "connected" but the connection is almost always "phone audio" instead of "phone and media audio." So I disconnect on the MyTouch and reconnect and the second connection is usually "phone and media." But not always. And sometimes I get everything connected and no audio comes out of the Jabra or the phone. So I turn the Jabra off, disconnect, end Google Listen, and try to connect again. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Bottom line is that I usually get it working, but it seems unnecessarily complicated and random. I know there is an Options menu when I long-touch the Jabra entry on the bluetooth screen, and I have both phone audio and media audio checked.

I don't have any other bluetooth devices so I don't know if this is a phone thing or a jabra thing. But because of the hassle I am disinclined to buy another bluetooth device.

Anyone else have this kind of trouble. Anything to do about it?

Upvote 0
More fun on the "hands free" phone front. When I get a call while using the Jabra speakerphone, the call works fine. But then when the call ends Google Listen and the stock music app both launch and start playing something random. I usually have Listen running already anyway, but after the call it never goes back to playing the same thing I was listening to before the call. Sometimes songs/podcasts will stop, start, and change within a few seconds. So then I need to stop Music, open Listen, and change podcasts all while driving. Rather defeats the purpose of a hands free system. Anyone run into this? I've been holding out on rooting, but I would probably root if that would fix the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones