1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Mytouch problems!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pcwizpcwiz2, Jul 30, 2009.

1. pcwizpcwiz2

pcwizpcwiz2 Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I could be wrong but I couldn't figure these out:

* work email does not support HTML - unacceptable
    * Roadsync does not support HTML email - unacceptable
    * Phone is very sluggish even launching apps can be slow
    * Browsing over WIFI is still slow

I want to like this phone but I find it very frustrating so far.

Uninstalled everything that didn't come with it out of the box except Sherpa and it's more responsive but browsing is VERY dissapointing. I have a JB Iphone 2G over WIFI that is easily 2-3x faster for browsing.

Advertisement

2. bobgaron

bobgaron Active Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Synergy Kettlebell Boot Camp Coach
    Chandler, AZ
    I agree that mine, only had it a day, is VERY, VERY sluggish in that- for example- when viewing Gmail I have to wait once I tap on an email before it pops up. It almost looks like the phone freezes momentarily. Then when the email does open up it has a blank white email body for about 3-5 seconds before appearing. This happens with the browser and a few other apps as well. I wonder what it could be. My G1 was NEVER like this.

Additionally how do we get the OS update that was released just recently?

3. bobgaron

bobgaron Active Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Synergy Kettlebell Boot Camp Coach
    Chandler, AZ
    Additionally I would like to add something...

I just received my first call on the phone and it lags a lot when ringing through and displaying anything on the screen. The phone audibly alerts as well as flashes everything it can flash, but the screen stays black for a good 3 seconds.

What could I do to speed it up. I don't really have anything running in the background. Thanks! :)

4. guapo_apo

guapo_apo New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    it shipped with 1.5 already installed... i never had a G1 so i dont know the speed difference, but i'm pretty satisfied with mine having migrated from a Curve... dont really have much of a lag on accessing email or launching apps.. only thing wrong is my syncing with my work email has a problem where addresses from my work are missing the first character when i reply to messages... annoying but i work around it for now by manually typing them in. LOVE the phone so far!

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    I am not sure if you said before ... when you do a REPLY .... is that when it drops the first character of the reply to email address ?

6. destroyers

destroyers New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I had the same problems. I was ready to throw this phone through a window. I found out that background services are running that need to be killed. I installed the free Taskiller and started killing apps and the problem when away.

Good Luck