1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mytouch water damage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dyson, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dyson

dyson Newbie
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    So my mytouch46 has water damage. I tried the bowl of rice, and tried the light bulb.. but it wont do a thing

i sent it to HTC and they are saying it will cost 255.00 to have it fixed they claim it needs a new lcd and main bord.

is there any other way to get this fixed cheaper.. i could buy a new one for that

Advertisement

2. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    ha you definitely could :)
    Idk how much it would cost to fix it. Maybe try best buy mobile

But you'd probably be able to get a good condition mytouch on Craigslist for 200 bucks.
    There are plenty of them online around my way

3. Gruuvin

Gruuvin Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I know it's a bit late to say this now, but worst thing to ever do when electronics get wet is to turn them on. Best thing to do is remove the battery and let it dry out for a few days. It's no guarantee, but turning it on wet is a good guarantee that it will soon be a paper weight.

A friend ran his new Samsung Galaxy S trough the washing machine, and so afterwards, instead of turning it on, he gave it to another electrical engineer buddy of mine to coax back to life. Well, what did my buddy do to bring it back to life? He waited a few days, and then pressed the power button, lol! And NOT A THING WRONG WITH IT!!!

Me and my buddy have remarked that HTC build quality seems better than Samsung, but after that "experiment" I won't bash Samsung's build quality at all!

sebastian117 likes this.
  4. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    I remember my Droid Eris by Htc fell out of the clip and into the toilet in a public bathroom...I didn't ever want to use the phone again but i remember my incredible got wet and it powered back on and worked amazingly :)