• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root N00b, 1st time poster. Rooted a few days ago for the first time, now I lose apps when I reboot.

tjlmbklr

Lurker
Jun 18, 2013
Phone: OnePlus One
ROM: CM11s
Android Version: 4.4.4
Rooted with: Bacon Root Toolkit

I have 2 apps in particular (that I know of thus far) that after I reboot they are gone. If I go to the app locker they are not there either. If I go to the PlayStore they show I have them installed. I have to then do a backup using Titanium Backup where they show I have them installed as well and then Uninstall them then reinstall to restore my backup and regain all my app data.

My suspicion is somehow the apps think they are install on a SD card which the OnePlus has no SD.

Any known solutions?

Hello tjlmbklr :)
I moved your thread into your device's root forum:)
Others who are rooted with your device can chime in here for ya!

Just a thought, but did you download the associated gapps with that rom? Not sure if it has anything to do with it but just throwing it out there.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum.

Thanks for moving it.

As for yor question, I have no idea what that is. gapps?

Upvote 0
Hi there, late to the party, but maybe name the apps so that we can have all the info we need to help you.

On the surface, I would think that if the Play store shows them as installed, then uninstall them via the play store view and then reinstall them. Sure you may lose some of the app data, but . . .

Or, go to Settings -> apps -> installed apps (all) and then find the ones you are having trouble with and clear cache first to see if that fixes it, or then clear (app) data. Or even find play store and clear cache and data with that app.

So many paths, so little time . . . .

Upvote 0
Hi there, late to the party, but maybe name the apps so that we can have all the info we need to help you.

On the surface, I would think that if the Play store shows them as installed, then uninstall them via the play store view and then reinstall them. Sure you may lose some of the app data, but . . .

Or, go to Settings -> apps -> installed apps (all) and then find the ones you are having trouble with and clear cache first to see if that fixes it, or then clear (app) data. Or even find play store and clear cache and data with that app.

So many paths, so little time . . . .

I am sorry, I actually forgot I asked this and o, I have yet to resolve it. I have uninstalled the apps and reinstalled. I have also cleared their cache. I am baffled to say the least.

edit: I went in and forced stop, cleared all data and uninstalled then reinstalled and that seemed to fix it until I rebooted and the app disappears again. Like I said, it is in the PlayStore as installed and I can find in Settings/Apps but it is not "on the phone" as in not in the App drawer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones