• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[n00b]Emulators on X10

farazk86

Lurker
May 21, 2011
K so i recently got the awesome xperia x10 and only after using it I found out it does not have multi touch =/
looks like i should have done more research. Now i can live without pinch zooming but its the emulators im worried about.

all emulators require multi touch, dd-pad and buttons need be pressed simultaneously..

so how do the emulators work? do they work fine or are they a pain to use as we cannot press any key while moving forward etc...

also i read about the software update that will fake multitouch but it does not work when your touch is in the same line, and i dont want to update as i will lose all the built in features of the camera and timescape and mediascape, which i am currently enjoying..

Thanks

the SE dual touch works very well and emulators are pretty useable. perhaps not as good as multi-touch but i've yet to see any real difference.
and the update shouldnt affect any of the things you already have as its an official update.

thanks for the replies, but I read on the official x10 blog that this will make it will remove all se options

but maybe im confusing this with gingerbread update..

are they the same or can the dual touch be updated separately without changing android version?

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies, but I read on the official x10 blog that this will make it will remove all se options

but maybe im confusing this with gingerbread update..

are they the same or can the dual touch be updated separately without changing android version?
the dual touch update is an update for 2.1 so will not change any of the SE options as you put it.
this should not be confused with the gingerbread update which is still weeks away from release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones