1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root N00b needs help...what else is new?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BBQPitMaster, Aug 2, 2013.

1. BBQPitMaster

BBQPitMaster Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    I'm completely unsure of what to really put here, so I'll start with the basics and see where we go. I have an LG Optimus V, baseband version ZV9. I just bought it. The bloatware is KILLING ME. That and I'm usually pretty tech-savvy, but this all sounds beyond me. I've read and re-read a half-dozen set of instructions and can't make it work. I get access to adb but then none of my commands work. I don't really mess around in Terminal, so I'm pretty clueless, I guess. I'm on a 21.5" iMac 2011 running OS 10.7.5.

I have access to a PC but would prefer to do this on my mac. Still am unclear on directions. I was at jcase's thread for rooting.

My mac sees and understands my android device just fine. Debugging is on, USB storage is on, as is accelerometer. I've accessed the adb tools through Terminal, but when I attempt to copy command lines to push the files to the phone, it always tells me "command not found."

What am I doing wrong? I've read as much of the stuff you guys have posted as I could in a week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be locked in by Virgin Mobile.

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    You need root access.
    This can be done by looking in the All Things Root Guide sticky. Go to Guides. The guide on how to install the ZV9 update.
    This has instructions on how to root a ZV9 baseband Optimus V.

3. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I'm not real familiar with Mac os but if it's telling you command not found you've probably got it typed out wrong. On Linux sometimes the commands need a ./ ( example"./adb push jcase_rootme.zip /sdcard/jcase_rootme.zip" )

Tags: