1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support N1 absolutly refuses to send text messages to certain shortcodes..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1080p, Mar 14, 2010.

1. 1080p

1080p Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    I have a weird problem...

On my old phone (unlocked iPhone), I subscribed to news and weather updates via SMS from a local radio station. The shortcode is 411923.

Then I got Nexus One (same T-Mobile service and SIM) and still receive the messages from them. Well, one day, there was a big news day (chile earthquake?) and I was getting annoyed by them, so I was gonna reply with "STOP" like you do with most short codes.

The Nexus absolutely refuses to even attempt to send this number a text. It won't even try. It immediately shows the "message failed <!>" notification and sound. I can send to various other shortcodes, but this and a few others, the Nexus won't try.

I am sure I could get another T-Mobile phone and swap SIMs to do it from that phone... I am just wondering what is the problem?

Advertisement

2. mcosmi

mcosmi Newbie
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    are u using google voice on you n1? if so then short codes don't wirk with gv yet. if not, i have no clue, cuz my n1 works with shortcodes for twitter, and FB, but I have to subscribe using the direct n1# not my gv #(which i use for sms mainly)

Tags: