• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N1 cannot see Intel "My WiFi"

thany

May 24, 2010
I'm having trouble with the wifi connection on my N1. It doesn't seem to be able to see a virtual accesspoint that I've created with Intel My WiFi technology. It's basically the same as Connectify, Virtual Accesspoint, or VirtualRouter. It creates an accesspoint with a wifi card as long as all the conditions are right.

Some specs:
Windows 7 32-bit
Intel WiFi Link 5300
Android 2.2 (Cyanogen 6)

The virtual accesspoint is perfectly visible by another laptop, and I can connect to it no problem. This older laptop has only 802.11g, so it does broadcast at 2.4GHz and not at 5GHz.

Also I tried several encryption algorithms, namely WPA+TKIP, WPA2+TKIP and WPA2+AES-CCMP. None of them make a difference.

What's more, my N1 phone also can't see any ad-hoc networks. None at all. When I manually add a the My WiFi (or an ad-hoc for that matter) it shows up as "not in range", but it definately is in range.

I'm going to need this when I go on holiday...
What do I do this fix this?

Ehm, I don't see what I should do with that... do I need to change some config file somewhere or something??

Also, this problem is primarily about Intel My WiFi, which is *not* an ad-hoc connection at all. It's a full (although virtual) accesspoint. And Android/N1 should be able to see regular accesspoints. In fact, the whole point of choosing My WiFi over an ad-hoc connection is so that my phone can connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones