1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

N20 Ultra sim card tray in a regular N20 5g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rnlcomp, Oct 3, 2020.

1. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

This is the 2nd time I've posted this question, apparently the last time didn't take or was deleted for unknown reasons so here it is again.

Has anyone tried to use a Note 20 Ultra sim card tray in a non Ultra Note 20 5g? I looked down into the slot and it looks like there's contacts for reading an sd card which can't be used because of the tray slot being blanked in above the sim card slot.

(Note) If my 1st question was deleted I'd like to know why.

Testing to make sure this thing is on.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by rnlcomp, Oct 8, 2020 (3 points)
  3. marctronixx

looked at your post history and the mod log on this sub. did not see any recent message from you on this sub deleted. perhaps an issue with the site (it happens).

anyway...

why don't you ask samsung directly about your question?

or if you have one of the phones in question, go to a store and test yourself.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what is a "non ultra note 20 5g"? are you asking if the sim card will fit in something like that note 10+ or other device?

marctronixx likes this.
  5. rnlcomp

Forum glitch perhaps. Ask Samsung? ROFL

I wonder what store employees might think about me tooling apart a display device to test. If you don't have an answer, please disregard my question and move on.

My question is simple and has nothing to do with any other device(s)

6. marctronixx

your question is unique. doubt many people have done this. again, ask samsung, which is not funny, or go to a carrier store and ask them if you can try.

7. rnlcomp

Just getting someone to talk to is like finding hens teeth. Online chat is useless as they are just reading out of a tech manual at best.

Was hoping someone here might have thought about it. Guess not but it does pose a unique curiosity.

8. marctronixx

yep what you are seeking is a unique case. maybe try XDA or reddit.

9. rnlcomp

Question answered, The sim card is oriented horizontally on the N20 Ultra where it's vertical on the N20. Wouldn't work. I suppose I could dremel the sd card part of the tray on the one I have but I'm not finding replacement trays on the market yet should something go wrong. So that experiment will have to wait until they do.

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 release date was Rumored to be August 2020. Features and Specs include a 12GB RAM, and Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865+ processor.

Rumored to be August 2020
Release Date
Reviews