1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

N5 and Straight talk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stick405, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Stick405

Stick405 Well-Known Member

Does the N5 work on Straight talk?.......

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Any phone that works on AT&T or TMobile will work on ST. You'll have to enter the APN they supply you with manually.

Stick405 likes this.
  3. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Yes, it's simple.

My friend has been using his on Straight Talk, he simply took his new Nexus 5 into get a SIM card and they gave him the setup info.

Enjoy

Stick405 likes this.
  4. Stick405

Appreciate the info.... I guess the N5 works 3g just like the N4..... I believe straight talk is getting into 4G LTE... some places....What do I know.. I not very literate when it comes to this stuff........ :)

5. Stick405

One more thing.... Whats the advantage of the N5 over my N4 when I already have the latest Kit Kat updates.....:D

6. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

The screen is larger, brighter and full 1080p HD, it has LTE, twice the memory if you opt for the 32GB version, and a faster processor among other things. It may not be enough of an upgrade for you if you can't take advantage of the updated specs and you're happy with what you have.

Stick405 likes this.
  7. cantcode86

cantcode86 Lurker

I have mine on Straight Talk and there are a few others on here. LTE does work too. So far the only negitve I've found is that ST doesn't roam.

8. Stick405

Nother thing... Hdml.. N4 Yes.....N5 No....... Whats the deal here........ I gotta see my pics on the big screen..... :)

9. kwalla

kwalla Well-Known Member

I have an N5 on Straight Talk w/AT&T sim and do get LTE.

If I recall rightly... Straight Talk stopped selling AT&T sims at some point in 2013 and then started again -- sims from the "new batch" support LTE, older sims do not. So.. if you are looking to use the same old sim... it may or may not support LTE.

I don't know if the TMobile sims support LTE or not.

10. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Google is trying to avoid use of cables. Chromecast is their answer to that. As of now, photo/video sharing is not supported using google apps, but other apps like avia, realplayercloud etc are trying to get there first. I haven't used these, but they claim to work for video streaming with Chromecast.

Also, if you have roku or xbox or PS etc, allcast app will give you what you need.

(these should work on the N4 too by the way)

11. Just out of curiosity I been wondering about the Nexus 5. I am on straight talk and having bad luck finding a decent phone. I had the S2 for a year, and loved it after I modded it. I am being very picky now about the type of phone I want to get because I want to get the best out if the phone. I love photography, and using the cellphone is best for me. Currently right now I am using my samsung "dumb" phone till I get the money saved up to getting the new next best smart phone but I am at a stump, and need some pointers. I am undecided if i should go for the straight talk version of the s3 or the nexus 5. I was told by a few of my buddies that if I go for the nexus 5 i will be able to get all the updates from google whenever a new OS comes out. Also Straight talk in my area works best for verizon and AT&T. Now if i go for the S3 it works on the Verizon towers, and if i go for the AT&T that is the nexus 5. If i decided to go to the nexus 5 what size sim card does this phone take? regular or the macro? Thanks again.

12. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Didn't have time/patience to parse out your paragraph. But here is the answer to one question that I read.
    * SIM card - N5 uses the micro
    Also, yes, the N5 does get all updates from google whenever they release the new OS.
    N5 doesn't work with Verizon - but should work with ATT, T-mo, Sprint, Straight talk and other GSM carriers.

13. Thats actually all i wanted to know thanks :) you answered all my questions

14. jaison80

jaison80 Well-Known Member

he took his phone where to get a SIM?

15. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I'm guessing Walmart since they seem to be the main seller for ST

16. No in order to get the sim cards its all done online. they dont sell them at walmart anymore. Well in my town that is.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews