1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

N6 UK/overseas info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paulw035, Nov 18, 2014.

1. paulw035

paulw035 Member

Given that carphone warehouse has now got a pre order date of 01/12 I am getting excited that 3 won't be far behind and I may finally be able to upgrade from the note 3. I've been off contract and waiting patiently for 2 months now. Anyone got any news other than what's on the CW website?

malcster likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

Cool.my o2.is up for.renewal in the next few weeks so let's.see what deal they can do

3. RozzaC

RozzaC Android Enthusiast

4. czechplastik

czechplastik Android Enthusiast

Has anyone bought a Nexus 6 from O2?

Are they still putting carrier software on devices?

Will only upgrade of it's stock else I'll have to buy the damn thing outright!

Help appreciated.

5. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

Currently on a o2 nexus 6

No o2 software anywhere

My last 3 nexus devices all came from o2 and completely stock

Just make sure you get a nanosim or cut your own down

marctronixx and psionandy like this.
  6. Ma304

Ma304 Newbie

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help please, as I'm in the process of choosing a Nexus 6. I would like to know if the device is compatible with a particular provider's 4G technology.

The provider is 'Three', in the United Kingdom.

On a support page (linked below), in the "You need to have a device that’s compatible with our 4G technology." section - they say:

"If you got your device from somewhere other than Three, for example, if you got it abroad or from another network, your device might work on different technology [...] There are different types of 4G that work on different frequencies depending on the network. You may need to mention that the frequency our 4G currently works on is 1800."

Link: http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj(11861)

...I have tried (and failed) to locate the relevant specifications to check the Nexus 6's compatibility. Even GSMArena's page didn't have this data and my knowledge about frequency bands (etc) is very limited.

Any help from you lovely people would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

7. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

I believe LTE Band 3 is 1800MHz, and apple (yes, I did quote an apple article) seems to confirm that... But to be safe, youmay want to contact their tech support team and confirm that their LTE is on band 3

From https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6102470?hl=en
    Rest of world:

• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    • CDMA: not supported
    • WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19
    • LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41
    • CA DL: B3-B5, B3-B8

Ma304 and EarlyMon like this.
  8. Ma304

Ma304 Newbie

Thank you, jj14x.
    That may be easier said than done. I'll try, but it might take 2 months to just establish that I am indeed asking a question about an "LTE Band" and not a "Leopard made of Sand". : (

9. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

LOL! At least our carrier's are the same across the world :)
    All the best

10. Ma304

Ma304 Newbie

Ah, thanks EarlyMon. If that Wiki page is correct, it looks like the device is entirely compatible.

EarlyMon likes this.

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews