1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

N64 app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by joeyg720, Sep 4, 2011.

1. joeyg720

joeyg720 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey everyone,
    Im sure this has been posted plenty of times, but im trying to find the best/safest N64 emulator to download.. i cant seem to find n64oid on the adroid market and i really wanna play some n64 games on my phone.. im using a droid X atm and i think it should be able to run the games... the only place ive seen so far is slideme to download it from.. anyone know of any other place thats safe? or maybe even free? besides ******

thanks all

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    All of the emulators made by the n64oid developer were removed from the market a few months ago (there were a few different theories as to why) and the developer moved them to slideme. He was quite public about it, so I wouldn't worry about slideme not being legitimate in that respect. I can't vouch for how trustworthy slideme are, but they are your best bet for getting it.

As for getting it free, we can't help you there. The developer charges for the apps and so obtaining them for free would be piracy - something we don't discuss here at android forums.

3. joeyg720

joeyg720 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Xyro,
    Thanks for replying, ill go ahead and check out slideme.. I just feel insecure putting my credit card info on an unknown site oppose to the adroidmarket.. but ill take a look, thanks for the info!:)

4. joeyg720

joeyg720 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey everyone,
    So i bought the n64oid from slideme and got it installed... i downloaded legend of zelda from ****** and put it on my phone but when i try pressing it in n64oid, it says "load rom failed, please try another file"... anyone know whats causing this?

5. joeyg720

joeyg720 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
  6. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast
    None

Well you might have downloaded a .zip file and you need to unzip it first, just google Legend of Zelda *insert rest of title here* ROM on google and pick the first one and its usually the most reliable one. N64oid is still a fairly new app and can't fully play as many ROMs as you would probably like.