• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N7 1st gen wifi behaving strange

eNNeSS

Lurker
Feb 21, 2015
hi,
i have a N7 1st gen running cm grouper 5.0.2 I used to have a previous version of cm on before the issue started. The problem started 1 day for no reason at all. One day it was working the next day it was not, no network config changes happened between it working and failing.
The WiFi seems to connect as it should. The icons in the top right corner looks as is should, it shows the little up and down arrows to indicate traffic. but if i open any app that requires internet it cannot connect to the intent.

I have tried the following :
  1. I can ping the N7 from my pc and its pings just fine.
  2. I have disabled wifi security, does not fix problem
  3. I have tried with DHCP on, network seems to connect, IP and everything seems fine, still no internet
  4. Static ip with manual dns. all seems to work fine, except no internet again. I used the same network config on my moto-g side by side (except for ip), moto-g works fine with my manual ip and dns settings, but n7 does not.
  5. I have tried this on multiple wifi routers.
  6. I have tried multiple channels on the wifi routers
I was wondering if maybe anyone knew of some apps i could run on the N7 to troubleshoot this ?

please help, the device is in good working order in every other way, just has no internet !

I look forwards to your replies,

p.s. i have a window 8 PC with blue-tooth, i don't mind using blue-tooth from my PC to N7 for internet if this is at all possible either ? but would need some pointers with setting this up

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones