1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

N7 Google Book Format?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s2005, Aug 13, 2012.

1. s2005

s2005 Member

I have a few books in PDF and EPUB formats on my PC... can I put them on my N7 and them work?

This is a 2 part question.

1) What format do they need to be in for them to work?

2) How do I put them on the device, and in what folder etc?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. s2005

s2005 Member

Ok I figured out how to get them onto the device, and use a different app to read them, but is there a way to use the stock Google Book reader?

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

I don't think you can sideload books into Google Books. I do a lot of reading on my N7 and personally use Mantano Reader or Aldiko which are both fine readers and handle most formats (not Kindle) with epub being preferred. You may wish to try out one of those or any of the numerous others.

4. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Android Enthusiast

After connecting the N7 to my PC, I created a folder called Books and placed my files there. Most of my eBooks are in the .mobi format, so it took a little trial and error but I tried and love the free Cool Reader app.

I am hopeful one day Google Drive will be enhanced to allow my eBooks to be opened from there. It allows a file to be "pinned" or stored locally on a mobile device, but you can't choose the location and I've been unable to get an eReader to access them that way.

5. s2005

s2005 Member

Thanks guys! I just got Aldiko and its letting me read my epub books great :D