1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NABI 2 - how do I install apks?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elielc1, Dec 25, 2012.

1. elielc1

elielc1 Lurker

Im very new to the tablet world and don't understand why I can't install .apk applications & games from my pc to the nabi 2. Do I need some type of software to install it or are they not compatible with the Nabi 2? Can someone guide me in the right direction or suggest any links to tutorials to do this kind of stuff?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi elielc1 and welcome to Android Forums!

I guess the first question I would ask is: Do you have "unknown sources" checked in Settings? If not, the tablet will not install any apk from anywhere except the Play Store. Try Settings --> Security --> and CHECK the "unknown sources" box.

Just be advised that apks from questionable sources may contain some horrendous malware/spyware. Know what you're downloading and installing and be careful out there.

Great to have you here with us! :)

elielc1 likes this.
  3. elielc1

elielc1 Lurker

Thanks for the reply. I gave the tablet to my little niece as a Christmas gift. I installed the google play mod and my sister managed to download games from the play store. I will do what you suggested as soon as I see her again. However, is there any way to transfer apks from the PC to the nabi2? I can't even synchronize the pc with the tablet wirelessly as suggested by nabi2 site.