• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Naked Droid?????

I've had my Droid naked for a few months and its still in good condition with only a little scratch on the black casing by the screen. However, my screen isn't completely naked as it has a Zagg shield on it. As long as you aren't real rough with your phone, I don't see a problem keeping it naked.

When I first got my Droid a year ago, I opted for going naked because of the car dock and home dock incompatibility with anything but a naked Droid. This concerned me because I work in construction and have always had a rugged phone (Nextel or similar) or, when I had a blackberry, I used an Otterbox Defender case. Then I heard about the Gorilla Glass on my Droid, and I became less worried. Now, after a year of carrying my Droid in the Swivel Holster, and having had no replacement devices, I can say I have no regrets about going naked.

The only advantage I can see to a case at this point is that the battery cover wouldn't fall off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones