1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

names not showing with incoming calls

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Milton3450, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Milton3450

Milton3450 Lurker

I searched the forums for an answer but couldn't find any threads with this issue. Names have suddenly stopped showing when I recieve incoming calls. Only the telephone number shows. It has worked fine but then one day this changed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Milton3450

Milton3450 Lurker

By the way my phone is a HTC wildfire s running android 2.3.5. I tried contacts > show > only with number but it is the same both ticked and unticked.

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Do you know if you installed any apps lately that might have caused this issue, have you checked in your phone to make sure your contacts are still there, also have you checked in your device forum, to see if this is a bug from your phone, sometimes a Factory reset resolves most issues, but I usually try to troubleshoot more before taking drastic measures.

Check here and see if others with your phone have had this same issue, good luck, HTC Wildfire S

4. Milton3450

Milton3450 Lurker

I still have this problem. I tried uninstalling recent apps and tried some other changes in contacts preferences without luck. How do I do a factory reset and what do i lose with such?

5. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

Do you contacts sync to your google account (gmail)?

6. Milton3450

Milton3450 Lurker

Kennected, i checked only telephone contacts where I can choose Facebook, gmail, telephone and SIM.

7. Milton3450

Milton3450 Lurker

How do i check if my contacts sync with gmail?